lucene-solr-dev mailing list archives

From Ryan McKinley <ryan...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [important] call for 1.3 planning
Date Sun, 25 May 2008 02:45:23 GMT

On May 22, 2008, at 5:59 PM, Otis Gospodnetic wrote:
> I agree.  Lots of what Jason is doing looks good, but like I pointed
> the other day, needs a lot more explanation, at least for dense
> people like moi.  My guess is, if we want to be aggressive with 1.3,
> that none of Jason's stuff will make it because the changes are too
> radical, unless somebody very comfortable with Solr guts sits down,
> reviews everything, and can commit with confidence.

I agree also -- the goals of ocean search look great, and I'm very
happy there is an effort to integrate whatever is possible.  But I
don't have the time or energy to wade through this right now.

For the larger goal of integrating features like Realtime facets and
tagging, it is probably best to get a solid 1.3 release out as soon as
possible.  Once the release is out, there is a little more wiggle room
to to make some of these changes with the confidence there is time
before the next release.

ryan