lucene-solr-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Suppe <ssu...@llnl.gov>
Subject Re: Offsets?
Date Tue, 26 Feb 2008 22:33:18 GMT
I apologize if this was the wrong list, but I had asked a similar question
over there to no avail, so I figured it must be buried deep in the API, and
would be better for this list :)

I was thinking either the tokens or the entire field itself (not sure if
that is supported at all, I feel like I'm drinking from a firehose!).  In
our case, certain documents will have certain fields attached, and will be
returned based on search criteria.  We have specific highlighting
requirements, and I will have to rely on the actual offsets of those
matching fields (as opposed to using the built-in highlighting).  Ideally,
I'd have the begin/end offset for each field that I return.

I could probably figure that out from the first and last token in the
field.  It looks like analysis.jsp access the index directly to get the
information it needs.  This is a possibility, but I was thinking if I could
get SOLR to return that information in the initial JSON, then I could save
a step and speed things up immensely.

Thanks in advance!

Steve