lucene-solr-dev mailing list archives

From Roopesh P Raj <roop...@digitalglue.in>
Subject Doub't in the way lucene works
Date Wed, 13 Feb 2008 06:43:26 GMT
Hi,

I am using solr in my project. I have used the schema almost similar to
the one given in the example folder which comes along when we download
solr. Most of the fields that I use is of type "text", and the rest are
of type "string".

Some of the search results are as follows:

When I search with a query, "attach", documents containing "attach",
"attachment", "attachments" comes as the result.
When the search string is "attachment", then also documents containing
"attach", "attachment", "attachments" comes as the result.

When I search for "newsletter", documents with keyword "newsletter" results.
But when I search for "news", no results appear.
When I search for "letter", then also there are no results.

Why does this happen?
Why is lucene not giving documents with "newsletter" when the search
string given is "letter" or "news"?

I am pasting the "text" fieldtype declaration also. Please help me.

    <fieldType name="text" class="solr.TextField"
positionIncrementGap="100">
      <analyzer type="index">
        <!-- in this example, we will only use synonyms at query time
        <filter class="solr.SynonymFilterFactory"
synonyms="index_synonyms.txt" ignoreCase="true" expand="false"/>
        -->
words="stopwords.txt"/>
generateWordParts="1" generateNumberParts="1" catenateWords="1"
catenateNumbers="1" catenateAll="0"/>
    <filter class="solr.EnglishPorterFilterFactory"
protected="protwords.txt"/>
      </analyzer>
      <analyzer type="query">
        <filter class="solr.SynonymFilterFactory"
synonyms="synonyms.txt" ignoreCase="true" expand="true"/>
words="stopwords.txt"/>
generateWordParts="1" generateNumberParts="1" catenateWords="0"
catenateNumbers="0" catenateAll="0"/>
    <filter class="solr.EnglishPorterFilterFactory"
protected="protwords.txt"/>
      </analyzer>
    </fieldType>

Regards