lucene-solr-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: remove raw-schema.jsp?
Date Thu, 03 Jan 2008 19:51:52 GMT

: Is raw-schema.jsp in use?  It isn't (nor has it been) linked to anything.  The
: schema/config links used to point to get-file.jsp

once upon a time it was used by the schema link on the admin screen ...
not sure when that changed, but there was never really much need for it
considering we've always had get-file.jsp.

: Should we remove it?  Add a deprecation warning?

the safest thing to do (with both this and get-files.jsp since i think i
saw a ShowFileRequestHandler has replaced it) would probably be to replace
the meat of those JSPs with something like...

   <%  log.warn("deprecated JSP URL used: " +
                request.getRequestURL().append("?").append
                   (request.getQueryString()));
   %><jsp:forward page=" ... " />

-Hoss