lucene-solr-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: Intuition check
Date Sun, 11 Nov 2007 01:48:30 GMT

: >   2) "here is an 'fq'" ... in which we get the DocSet and add it to the
: >      main query if it's small.
:
: One issue is that HashDocSet would need to first be sorted, but that
: should hopefully be relatively quick.

Oh...  hmm, yeah i thought DocIterators already garunteed order.  but
either way, the DocSets we are dealing with should be small, so hopefully
the sorting is fast.

: I've since considered trying out a SortedIntSet since they would be
: both smaller, and usable in skipTo.

If you think it's worth doing, then it probably is.

(over the years i've seen more then enough evidence that "yonik with his
performance hat on" is just as much of an expert in his field as "yonik
with his thread safty hat on")

-Hoss