lucene-solr-dev mailing list archives

From Mike Klaas <mike.kl...@gmail.com>
Subject Intuition check
Date Wed, 07 Nov 2007 21:10:43 GMT
Not sure if this went through--I sent using the wrong email addr.

I've also posted a patch:
  [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-407?
page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:all-tabpanel ]

I'm thinking of implementing something like "fq.nocache": a query
restriction that would not be cached in filterCache.

This is actually somewhat tricky to implement in the Guts of
SolrIndexSearcher without adding a lot to the interface.  Then I
realized that without caching, there really is no point in computing
separate BitSets and intersecting them: it would be better to insert
them directly into the BooleanQuery (or a wrapping BooleanQuery).
This would also provide nicer skipTo behaviour (perhaps most docs
needn't be scored before applying the filter).

Is there any reason to think that this wouldn't be the most efficient
solution?  Obviously the clauses would be inserted with 0 boost.

cheers,
-Mike