lucene-solr-dev mailing list archives

From "Tim Archambault" <tim.j.archamba...@gmail.com>
Subject Solr production live implementation
Date Fri, 02 Nov 2007 15:50:21 GMT
If this is the wrong email forum, I apologize in advance.

Looking to use Solr as the PRIMARY search engine for our newspaper website.
The index will initially hold between 200,000 - 500,000 documents.

I'm not sure what analytic data you'd need to help me with my question, but
I can tell you our website incurs roughly 4 million page views monthly and
about 30,000 absolute unique visitors per month. Our website traffic is
concentrated between 8am - 12noon so we have a lot of off-peak time on our
server.

I am currently trying SOLR out off of my dedicated Windows server (IIS 5)
with Jetty.  My server has 2GB Ram and tons of space. What is the likelyhood
that this environment is "good enough" for my production environment?

Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Tim