lucene-solr-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Doug Steigerwald (JIRA)" <>
Subject [jira] Created: (SOLR-405) Search additional fields when using DisMaxRequestHandler
Date Thu, 01 Nov 2007 15:45:51 GMT
Search additional fields when using DisMaxRequestHandler

                 Key: SOLR-405
             Project: Solr
          Issue Type: Improvement
          Components: search
            Reporter: Doug Steigerwald

We are heavily leaning towards using a few DisMaxRequestHandlers for searching instead of
copy fields, but we ran into an issue.  Currently our sites use something like a copy field
to search stories, but they also need to search additional fields (like story_source, which
we don't want in the dismax).  With the DisMaxRequestHandler as it is, anything you have in
the q param is searched for in the fields defined in the DisMaxRequestHandler.  We need a
little more flexibility with this.

As an example, if you search for something like "bush+AND+story_source:associated", all the
fields in the dismax are searched for 'bush' and 'story_source:associated'. (The story_source
field is not in the dismax handler, and we don't want it to be.)  What we want to do is search
the fields defined in the dismax for 'bush', but also query the story_source field (and only
the story_source field) for 'associated'.

We came up with this small patch to let us do what we need, but wanted to throw it out there
in case others were interested, or know of a better way to do this.  We're not entirely sure
we did this in the right place and are hoping that  maybe someone can provide some insight
on that as well.

This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
You can reply to this email to add a comment to the issue online.

View raw message