lucene-solr-dev mailing list archives

From Ryan McKinley <ryan...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Post-SOLR215/SOLR350 singleton issue
Date Sat, 10 Nov 2007 19:00:27 GMT

> perhaps.  it depends largely on what the long term goals of multi-core
> support are ... if we're striving for "dynamicly" creating "solr contexts"
> independently of "servlet contexts" then the current behavior is probably
> ideal ... we're protecting the plugins of each SolrCore from
> corrupting eachother.

agreed.  In the current setup, the only classes shared across all
SolrCore instances are the RequestDispatcher and the MultiCore registry.
  If you reload a core, all the static initialization stuff should also
be reloaded.

*perhaps* adding a 'context' to the MultiCore registry would be a good
way to let cores communicate with one another.

ryan