lucene-solr-dev mailing list archives

From Ryan McKinley <ryan...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Post-SOLR215/SOLR350 singleton issue
Date Fri, 09 Nov 2007 21:58:57 GMT

> It is not related to the singleton, AFAIK, as I tested it with a simple
> multhread app, and I always got the object created one time
> (singletonObject = new getInstance()), while other calls just receive
> the already created object.
>
> While if the handler try to call getInstance(), the first time (the
> first time /for each core/, and here is the point), init a brand new
> object (other call to getInstance() inside the same core works fine)

So if I understand correctly, you are saying that the singleton object
within RequestHandler instance for a given SolrCore is *not* shared
across cores.

What happens if you register multiple RequestHandlers within the same
core using the same RequestHandler class?  do they share the same
singleton instance?

If so, I'd suggest looking into class loader issues -- does anything
change if you bundle your custom classes in the .war file? -- but that
seems like a stretch.

ryan