lucene-solr-dev mailing list archives

From Mike Klaas <mike.kl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: difficulty using SolrHighlighter with programmatic parameters
Date Tue, 13 Nov 2007 19:25:10 GMT
Hi Doug,

I was thinking about this on the weekend.  There isn't actually a
need for SolrParams to be mutable, nor does that seem particularly
desirable.  However, SolrQueryRequest's SolrParams can be re-set.
So, if you create a new SolrParams by "modifying" the original
(essentially, with toMultiMap() and MultiMapSolrParams), then adding
it to the request (see the U.setDefaults() line in
RequestHandlerBase).  Incidentally, U.setDefaults should probably use
req.getOrigParams rather than getParams(), so that it is idempotent
with the same arguments.

Does that mostly cover the use cases you envision?

regards,
-Mike