lucene-solr-dev mailing list archives

From Doug Daniels <ddani...@rooftophq.com>
Subject difficulty using SolrHighlighter with programmatic parameters
Date Tue, 06 Nov 2007 17:58:14 GMT

I'm working on creating a custom RequestHandler plugin right now, and am
having some trouble getting it working with the SolrHighlighter.
Particularly, I'd like to specify whether to highlight, which fields to
highlight, etc in the code rather than through the request parameters.  I
can't find a way to do that right now, as the doHighlighting method pulls
SolrParams directly from the request, and SolrParams don't seem to support
modification.

I think it would work for me if doHighlighting took a SolrParams parameter,
rather than pulling it out of the request.  Any objections to that?

Thanks,
Doug