lucene-solr-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Doug Steigerwald (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] Updated: (SOLR-405) Search additional fields when using DisMaxRequestHandler
Date Thu, 01 Nov 2007 15:49:50 GMT

     [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-405?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:all-tabpanel
]

Doug Steigerwald updated SOLR-405:
----------------------------------

    Attachment: dismax_additional_fields.patch

Small patch that modified the DisjunctionMaxQueryParser to allow the search of additional
fields.

Anything in the q param that has a specific field to search is just searched on that field,
otherwise the DisMax query is created the same way.

Also making sure we can allow people to search for things like "mailto:doug@...".

> Search additional fields when using DisMaxRequestHandler
> --------------------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: SOLR-405
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-405
>             Project: Solr
>          Issue Type: Improvement
>          Components: search
>            Reporter: Doug Steigerwald
>         Attachments: dismax_additional_fields.patch
>
>
> We are heavily leaning towards using a few DisMaxRequestHandlers for searching instead
of copy fields, but we ran into an issue.  Currently our sites use something like a copy field
to search stories, but they also need to search additional fields (like story_source, which
we don't want in the dismax).  With the DisMaxRequestHandler as it is, anything you have in
the q param is searched for in the fields defined in the DisMaxRequestHandler.  We need a
little more flexibility with this.
> As an example, if you search for something like "bush+AND+story_source:associated", all
the fields in the dismax are searched for 'bush' and 'story_source:associated'. (The story_source
field is not in the dismax handler, and we don't want it to be.)  What we want to do is search
the fields defined in the dismax for 'bush', but also query the story_source field (and only
the story_source field) for 'associated'.
> We came up with this small patch to let us do what we need, but wanted to throw it out
there in case others were interested, or know of a better way to do this.  We're not entirely
sure we did this in the right place and are hoping that  maybe someone can provide some insight
on that as well.

-- 
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
-
You can reply to this email to add a comment to the issue online.


Mime
View raw message