lucene-solr-dev mailing list archives

From chetan sathya <cconi...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Plugin design quesiton
Date Mon, 29 Oct 2007 02:45:35 GMT
Thanks a lot, Ryan.

For what I see, option 1 seems most amicable as I have already constructed a pre-processing
adaptor for this purpose.

Although I will look forward and vote for option 2's commit on build 1.3.

Regards
Chetan

Ryan McKinley <ryantxu@gmail.com> wrote: I see a couple options

1. Do the processing client side -- this may be your simplest and will
work with whatever version of solr you are using

2. If you are willing to muck around with some poorly documented, not
totally stable (as in fixed API) bleeding edge stuff, you could do what
you are looking for with a custom UpdateRequestProcessor

http://wiki.apache.org/solr/UpdateRequestProcessor

ryan

chetan sathya wrote:
> Here is my issue and would appreciate if anyone could advice or help in the matter
>
> I have defined my schema in this context
>
> schema.xml
>

> also defined a copyfield to copy contents form PRODUCT to PRODUCTSTR
>

> Based on the config, the product data passed as XML is copied into PRODUCTSTR
>
> I would need to now build a plugin to process content in PRODUCTSTR, compare with some
mapped file that I have and replace the content with some other value

> for exaple

Sony Electronics

Sony Electronics
 based on  copyfield.

> Now i would want to build a plugin to replace PROUCTSTR with my own taxonomy

Sony Consume Items