lucene-solr-dev mailing list archives

From Ryan McKinley <ryan...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Plugin design quesiton
Date Sun, 28 Oct 2007 23:19:03 GMT
I see a couple options

1. Do the processing client side -- this may be your simplest and will
work with whatever version of solr you are using

2. If you are willing to muck around with some poorly documented, not
totally stable (as in fixed API) bleeding edge stuff, you could do what
you are looking for with a custom UpdateRequestProcessor

http://wiki.apache.org/solr/UpdateRequestProcessor

ryan

chetan sathya wrote:
> Here is my issue and would appreciate if anyone could advice or help in the matter
>
> I have defined my schema in this context
>
> schema.xml
>
> <field name="PRODUCT" type="text" indexed="true" stored="true" default="novalue"/>
>     <field name="PRODUCTSTR" type="textTight" indexed="true" stored="true" default="novalue"/>
>

> also defined a copyfield to copy contents form PRODUCT to PRODUCTSTR
>
> <copyField source="PRODUCT" dest="PRODUCTSTR"/>
>

> Based on the config, the product data passed as XML is copied into PRODUCTSTR
>
> I would need to now build a plugin to process content in PRODUCTSTR, compare with some
mapped file that I have and replace the content with some other value