lucene-solr-dev mailing list archives

From chetan sathya <cconi...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Plugin design quesiton
Date Sun, 28 Oct 2007 17:56:30 GMT

Here is my issue and would appreciate if anyone could advice or help in the matter

I have defined my schema in this context

schema.xml

<field name="PRODUCT" type="text" indexed="true" stored="true" default="novalue"/>
    <field name="PRODUCTSTR" type="textTight" indexed="true" stored="true" default="novalue"/>

also defined a copyfield to copy contents form PRODUCT to PRODUCTSTR

<copyField source="PRODUCT" dest="PRODUCTSTR"/>

Based on the config, the product data passed as XML is copied into PRODUCTSTR

I would need to now build a plugin to process content in PRODUCTSTR, compare with some mapped
file that I have and replace the content with some other value

for exaple

<PRODUCT>Sony Electronics<PRODUCT>
<PRODUCTSTR>Sony Electronics<PRODUCTSTR> based on  copyfield.

Now i would want to build a plugin to replace PROUCTSTR with my own taxonomy
<PRODUCTSTR>Sony Consume Items<PRODUCTSTR>

Is this possible and if so, could anyone share the steps to build the plugin, please