lucene-solr-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: 'ant test' fails on revision 577032
Date Tue, 18 Sep 2007 20:27:39 GMT

: /home/hjm/code/solr/solr_1.3/build.xml:426: Could not create task or
: type of type: junit.

: I have junit version 3.8.1 installed.  Eric mentioned that there was a

JUnit by itself isn't enough .. you also need the junit ant task which
typically comes in a jar called "ant-junit.jar" ...
http://ant.apache.org/manual/OptionalTasks/junit.html

Note: Junit 3.8.1 is pretty old ... it might work with Solr's test but i'm
not positive .. try it, if you get test compilation errors you may want
to try JUnit4

: recent build problem - is this an example of that problem or is this
: a case of monumental Java ignorance on my part? (I can waste cycles

The recent builds have had some problems with a SolrJ unit test that uses
an embedded jetty instance to test HTTP stuff.  definitely not the same
thing.

-Hoss