lucene-solr-dev mailing list archives

From Grant Ingersoll <gsing...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Some wiki cleanup thoughts
Date Thu, 06 Sep 2007 15:30:15 GMT

On Sep 5, 2007, at 6:29 PM, Chris Hostetter wrote:

> i've been thinking that there are some little things that could be
> done to clean the wiki up a bit, i'm happy to do them but i wanted
> to send out a quick ping before i spend a chunk of time on it in
> case someone thinks it's a bad idea...
>
> 1) find all usages of stuff like [Solr 1.2+], [Solr1.2], [Solr 1.3]
> that denote when a feature/param was added and change them to...
>
>    <!>["Solr1.2"]            (or 1.3 as needed)
>
> ...the <!> will insert an "attention" icon to help people notice
> them, and the quotes will force MoinMoin to make a link out of hte
> text (Solr1.2 isn't a very MoinMoin friendly wiki word)

I think a way to version the Wiki at the time of release would be
really helpful.  I know it isn't directly related to this task, but I
think it would be really useful to have archives of the Wiki, since
it is the main documentation for Solr, at the time of release.  I
know we can't package it with the release (search the legal-discuss
or java-user archives for reason), but it would be good to somehow
host it and then link to it from the release docs.

-Grant