lucene-solr-dev mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <thorsten.scherler....@juntadeandalucia.es>
Subject Re: svn commit: r577427 - in /lucene/solr/trunk/client/java/solrj/test/org/apache/solr/client/solrj: LargeVolumeTestBase.java embedded/LargeVolumeEmbeddedTest.java embedded/LargeVolumeJettyTest.java
Date Thu, 20 Sep 2007 16:08:45 GMT
On Thu, 2007-09-20 at 11:24 -0400, Erik Hatcher wrote:
> On Sep 19, 2007, at 5:52 PM, Chris Hostetter wrote:
> > Everybody i've ever talked to who i felt confident knew more about ant
> > then me (with Erik at teh top of the list) has said the same thing:
> > "Put
> > junit and ant-junit in your ANT_LIB ... don't even try to do anything
> > else, it will just burn you."
>
> I'm not sure if that is still mandatory.  It used to be in the Ant
> 1.5/.6 days, but I'm a bit out of practice with deep down Ant stuff
> these days, so consider that advice dated at least and possibly no
> longer applicable.

It is not!

You can put it in the lib home and ant will find junit. I have it in my
project.

I am importing solr build scripts in my project and build it from my
project without problem because the junit.jar is in my classpath. As
soon I want to build solr directly I can't because the <fail ...> junit
check.

However one can place the junit lib into the lib dir and add it to the
classpath.

I can submit a patch tomorrow if you want.