lucene-solr-dev mailing list archives

From Donovan Jimenez <djime...@conduit-it.com>
Subject PHP Solr Client source
Date Fri, 17 Aug 2007 00:08:48 GMT
The company I work for recently started using Solr for some of our
search functionality.  After downloading the files for integrating
with PHP that the Wiki links to I saw that it wasn't usable for our
purposes. So, as part of the project, I developed a PHP Solr Client.
Coming back to the mailing list I see that there was recent talk
about developing a new PHP client, but as of yet I haven't seen it
posted - so I hope I'm not stepping on any toes.  I received
permission from my company to release the code to the community under
the new BSD license.  The coding style is approximately inline with
the Zend Framework's standards  (and somewhat PEAR's) and I feel it's
well documented.

Client Requirements:
  - PHP 5 >= 5.2.0 (we developed on 5.2.1) that has the json_decode
function (available by default as of 5.2) and the XmlReader class
(enabled by default as of 5.1)
  - allow_url_fopen php.ini setting must be enabled (defaults to
enabled)

We'd love to have the community help us maintain this as Solr
evolves. Let us know what you think. Thanks.

- Donovan Jimenez