lucene-solr-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: SOLR-69?
Date Sun, 03 Jun 2007 22:25:05 GMT

: How do you all feel about commiting SOLR-69?
:
: It does not affect anyone who does not ask to use it...

i haven't really had a chance to follow along ... the biggest questions to
adding new functinality are "is the API clean? are we willing to support
the API going forward?" ... since this won't be in an "official" release
until 1.3, now seems like the perfect time to commit it if you are fairly
confident in the API because even if we need to tweak it we've got plenty
of time.

: Should we wait 'til 1.2 is successfully out before banging at trunk?

we should never be afraid to bang on the trunk, particularly once a
release branch is already made ... if anything that happens on the trunk
complicates the 1.2 release process, then something is wrong with our
release process.

-Hoss