lucene-solr-dev mailing list archives

From "Yonik Seeley" <yo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ready for release 1.2
Date Wed, 30 May 2007 05:57:49 GMT
On 5/30/07, Ryan McKinley <ryantxu@gmail.com> wrote:
> Chris Hostetter wrote:
> > : everything looks good license-wise to me.
> >
> > I forgot LICENSE.txt has info on all the licenses involved (i thought
> > that was just suppose to be ASL and the dependency licenses were all
> > listed in NOTICES.txt)
> >
> > LICENSE.txt still refers to Jetty 5.1,
>
> updated in rev 542755
>
> The licenses pointed to in 5.1 no longer exist -- it looks like they are
> now using their own implementation or bundling it under the same apache
> license now
>
> - - example/etc/LICENSE.javax.servlet.txt
> - - example/etc/LICENSE.javax.xml.html
> - - example/etc/LICENSE.jsse.txt

We actually don't need to mention anything for Jetty in LICENSE.txt if
it's all under the ASL2.0  But what about the CDDL license?

I think we probably need their NOTICE file though (copy it into ours).

According to the ASL 2.0:
     (d) If the Work includes a "NOTICE" text file as part of its
         distribution, then any Derivative Works that You distribute must
         include a readable copy of the attribution notices contained
         within such NOTICE file, excluding those notices that do not
         pertain to any part of the Derivative Works, in at least one
         of the following places: within a NOTICE text file distributed
         as part of the Derivative Works; within the Source form or
         documentation, if provided along with the Derivative Works; or,
         within a display generated by the Derivative Works, if and
         wherever such third-party notices normally appear. The contents
         of the NOTICE file are for informational purposes only and
         do not modify the License. You may add Your own attribution
         notices within Derivative Works that You distribute, alongside
         or as an addendum to the NOTICE text from the Work, provided
         that such additional attribution notices cannot be construed
         as modifying the License.

-Yonik