lucene-solr-dev mailing list archives

From Mike Klaas <mike.kl...@gmail.com>
Subject solrconfig.xml defaults
Date Fri, 25 May 2007 20:41:20 GMT
Since auditing solrconfig.xml defaults is on the list of things for
1.2, I thought I'd get the ball rolling:

Lazy field loading: seems like it would benefit more people to be
enabled explicitly.  I've been using it successfully and some
substantial gains have been reported on the lucene list.  The
downsides don't really seen significant.

HashDocSet maxSize: perhaps consider increasing this, or making this
by default a parameter which is tuned automatically (.5% of maxDocs,
for instance)

Most people will start with the example solrconfig.xml, I suspect,
and getting the  performance-related settings right at the start will
help the perception of Solr's performance.  I'd be tempted to
increase the default filterCache size too, but that can have quite
high memory requirements.

-Mike