lucene-solr-dev mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: Solr 1.2
Date Mon, 30 Apr 2007 02:39:16 GMT

On Apr 29, 2007, at 7:39 PM, Ryan McKinley wrote:
> Open trivial questions:
>
> 1. should we remove IndexInfoRequestHandler.java?  It is a subset
> of the LukeRequestHandler, but IIRC it was implemented for the
> internet archive.

I implemented that request handler for Flare, so it can introspect on
the field names to show facets for *_facet fields, and search on the
*_text fields.  So yeah, we can deprecate IndexInfoRequestHandler in
lieu of cool hand Luke.

> 3. Can you take a look at the output from o.a.s.handler.admin.* and
> make sure the output could be styled with xslt.  Eric, can you make
> sure it is using SimpleOrderedMap wherever appropriate for flare?

It may be a while before I get a chance to take a good look at this.
I'm sure any data being returned is fine to read with solr-ruby, it
just might be more awkward to navigate.  So not a huge deal for me
either way.

	Erik