lucene-solr-dev mailing list archives

From "Ryan McKinley" <ryan...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Solr Wiki] Update of "EmbeddedSolr" by ErikHatcher
Date Tue, 17 Apr 2007 05:44:14 GMT
I'm a bit nervous about commiting this (particular) example...  the
bits for commit() search() and delete() are generally useful, but
addDocument() is locked to a toy example.

If we did include it, it should have a big disclaimer saying it is not
an official interface only intended as a sample.  I'd rather wait for
a nicely flushed out and embeddable SOLR-20 (hopefully not too far
off) then add something we would hopefully deprecate soon.

As a wiki page it shows folks how to do what they need to do without
locking down an interface just yet.

ryan