lucene-solr-dev mailing list archives

From "David Xiao" <davih...@gmail.com>
Subject RE: The ability to offering offset of keyword in search result
Date Mon, 23 Apr 2007 15:47:50 GMT
Appreciate that, just work perfect!
It come up with another question: In response XML, can I suppress output of <result name="">....
section? Because I only need highlight section.

Appreciate in advance again!

-----Original Message-----
From: Ryan McKinley [mailto:ryantxu@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, April 23, 2007 1:44 AM
To: solr-dev@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: The ability to offering offset of keyword in search result

David Xiao wrote:
> Thanks. It looks like what I need but I am not quite understand how it actually modify
SolrConfig.xml to
> enable highlight.
>
> Is there an example xml snippet for?

You don't need to modify solrconfig.xml.  Just add parameters to the
query string.  For example with the sample data, try:

http://localhost:8983/solr/select?q=power&hl=true&hl.fl=name

you'll get a highlighting section at the bottom

that could be useful to help give some search result context? Like google search does.