lucene-solr-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: charset specification for input streams
Date Wed, 28 Mar 2007 01:39:55 GMT

: I agree, so we should have:
:
:  stream.url=(url)
:  stream.file=(file)
:  stream.body=(string)
:  stream.contentType=(override our best guess)

That looks sane to me ... but I haven't thought about it hard enough to be
convinced.  how concerned are we about sitautions where stream.url and
stream.body are both used in one request?

: In the case that someone overrides the contentType, I suppose we should use:
:  InputStreamReader(InputStream in, Charset cs)
:
: rather then:
:  FileReader

i would probably concur ... but again i haven't thought about this too
hard .. in general some ContentStreamBase class out there should use
InputStreamReader(InputStream, Charset) anytime people want a Reader, but
the code that makes a ContentStream for a file would override it.

-Hoss