lucene-solr-dev mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r519107 - in /lucene/solr/trunk: CHANGES.txt example/exampledocs/spellchecher.xml example/solr/conf/solrconfig.xml lib/lucene-spellchecker-2.2-dev.jar src/java/org/apache/solr/request/SpellCheckerRequestHandler.java
Date Fri, 16 Mar 2007 20:36:25 GMT

On Mar 16, 2007, at 3:28 PM, otis@apache.org wrote:
> +     <str name="spellcheckerIndexDir">/home/otis/dev/repos/lucene/
> solr/trunk/example/solr/data/index</str>

And this needs to be changed to something globally relevant.  What
triggers the creation of this index?   With this part of the example,
we ought to flesh it out so that it works for anyone trying out Solr,
right?

> +    public void init(NamedList args) {
> +        super.init( args );
> +        spellcheckerIndexDir = invariants.get
> ("spellcheckerIndexDir");
> +        try {
> +            spellChecker = new SpellChecker
> (FSDirectory.getDirectory(spellcheckerIndexDir));
> +        } catch (IOException e) {
> +            throw new RuntimeException("Cannot open SpellChecker
> index", e);
> +    }

If this index were updated, what would trigger it to get refreshed by
this request handler?