lucene-solr-dev mailing list archives

From "Ryan McKinley" <ryan...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Solr Silently failing when I want a loud complaint.
Date Fri, 23 Mar 2007 00:50:29 GMT
the current /update stuff always returns a 200 response code - if
there is an error, it is in the text and you have to parse it.  Is
this the problem?  Or is something else happening?

The update handler framework returns proper error codes so they are
much easier to check for...

In general I think solr needs to get louder and more clear with the
error messages:

ryan