lucene-solr-dev mailing list archives

From "Yonik Seeley" <yo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: fieldtype -> fieldType
Date Thu, 01 Feb 2007 21:32:00 GMT
On 2/1/07, Erik Hatcher <erik@ehatchersolutions.com> wrote:
> A #code4libber made this comment a moment ago:
>
>      "(nitpick) when you finalize the DTD for schema.xml, could you
> make fieldtype camel-case like the others. Or make the others lower-
> case."
>
> I nixed the thought of a DTD, but it does look funny now that I look
> at it.

I agree the inconsistency isn't ideal.
What's your preference... all camel case or all lower?

>  Perhaps we can modify it to be case-insensitive (to keep
> backwards compatibility)?   Or if it already is case-insensitive we
> should make the example schema.xml's to be consistent.
>
> Thoughts?

It is case sensitive, but it shouldn't be too hard to make things
consistent and keep back compatiblity, and performance doesn't matter
since it's parsing at startup.   Then we should erase every trace of
the old style in the docs and example.

-Yonik