lucene-solr-dev mailing list archives

From "Yonik Seeley" <yo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: loading many documents by ID
Date Thu, 01 Feb 2007 21:08:53 GMT
On 2/1/07, Ryan McKinley <ryantxu@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am (was?) using DISTINCT to say, only add the unique fields.  As
> implemented, it keeps a Collection<String> for each field name.  If
> the 'mode' is 'DISTINCT' the collection is Set<String>, otherwise
> List<String>

Ah, OK... that does seem useful.

> How would you feel about an interface like this:

Not sure... depends on how update handlers will use it...
One thing we might not want to get rid of though is streaming
(constructing and adding a document, then discarding it).  People are
starting to add a lot of documents in a single XML request, and this
will be much larger for CVS/SQL.

For that reason, I'm not sure how often the "Collection" part will be utilized.

I like the it OK on the conceptual level though.

-Yonik