lucene-solr-dev mailing list archives

From "Yonik Seeley" <yo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Searching with accents
Date Thu, 01 Feb 2007 18:42:26 GMT
On 2/1/07, Manuel Albela Miranda <albela@3.14financial.com> wrote:
> I've never indexed with solr, so the only way to get what i want is to re-index using
Solr with the next lines:

> <fieldtype name="stringSimilar" class="solr.TextField"
> > positionIncrementGap="100">
> >       <analyzer type="index">
> >         <tokenizer class="solr.LowerCaseTokenizerFactory"/>
> >         <filter class="solr.ISOLatin1AccentFilterFactory"/>
> >       </analyzer>

The key is to put the accent filter in your fieldtype definition
somehwere... you may not want exactly this fieldtype definition.  For
example, you might want to do some stemming, or removal of stopwords,
etc.

Second, define the field in the schema to use the new fieldtype you
defined (or just change your existing fieldtype).

-Yonik