lucene-solr-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Yonik Seeley" <yo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: resin and UTF-8 in URLs
Date Thu, 01 Feb 2007 17:57:53 GMT
FYI, I talked to Caucho, and for params in the query string of a URI
they use the charset of the request (which defaults to latin1).  It
will likely be fixed in the 3.1 line.

They indicated that setting the charset before asking for the
parameters would also work:
request.setCharacterEncoding ("utf-8")

-Yonik

On 2/1/07, Yonik Seeley <yonik@apache.org> wrote:
> On 2/1/07, Ryan McKinley <ryantxu@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I just tried this on two systems... it worked on one (I got the ê) and
> > the other I get ê -- both running resin 3.0.21
>
> A co-worker informed me that adding a character-encoding attribute to
> the web-app tag in web.xml will force a charset if not defined.  Seems
> to work for both GET and POST.
>
> <web-app character-encoding="utf-8">
>
> This looks resin-specific though.
>
> -Yonik

Mime
View raw message