lucene-solr-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: sorting parameter changes?
Date Fri, 23 Feb 2007 05:02:13 GMT

: I agree that a user of the sort parameter wouldn't want their query
: string munged as a side effect of not supplying sort, or setting it to
: blank, on some request.  But having an explicit parameter to control
: every aspect of legacy behavior could certainly lead to nasty parameter
: bloat...

it could .. but it wouldn't need to be specified as part of every request
it could be baked into the solrconfig .. we could even make the default
behavior be to not bother with the ";" syntax, and document in the
CHANGES.txt that people who want the old behavior need to explicitly add
some default param to get it (we already have a comment to the same affect
regarding json.nl=map)

: How about officially deprecating the ;sort behavior, bumping the current
: version attribute to 2.3 or 2.5, and using that to control whether the
: sort==null fork is chosen?  I haven't been able to keep track of the

"version" is a param that (to date) only influences the XmlResponseWriter
(aka: standard) it has never been used to influence execution logic.

-Hoss