lucene-solr-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: finer granularity of configuration
Date Sat, 10 Feb 2007 20:25:17 GMT

: Sounds totally fair (assigned _to me_).  To be honest, I only just
: glanced at the code for SOLR-79. It may be just what the doctor
: ordered with some tweaks.  I sorta have some experience with the $
: {..} syntax and would switch the syntax in the patch to be Ant-like
: in this regard.  I'll come up with some unit tests along the way too.

yeah ... it would be cool to have a robust version of SOLR-79 so that
everything *could* be in the hands of the users if they want it -- i just
don't know enough about DOM manipulation to know if there's a clean way to
completely decorate the tree with variable substitution.

: Hoss, you mentioned multiple server instances pointing to the same
: index directory.  Would that be a reasonable configuration?  Any
: contention issues with multiple Solr instances pointed at a single
: index?  I kinda always envisioned one-to-one Solr instance and index.

i've never tried it myself ... but if no more then one solr
instance is writting, the rest should be able to read just fine
(especially once we rev lucene and there are no more locks on opening an
index reader)

-Hoss