lucene-solr-dev mailing list archives

From Otis Gospodnetic <otis_gospodne...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: finer granularity of configuration
Date Thu, 15 Feb 2007 08:03:08 GMT
Sorry, this was meant for Erik (relates to some direct emails).  Now everyone knows my secret
desire: 1 Solr to serve N indices with the same config, just a different directory.  I'm thinking
Simpy here:
   http://simpy-index-server/solr/search/erik/links?q=ruby
   http://simpy-index-server/solr/search/otis/notes?q=recipe
   http://simpy-index-server/solr/search/otis/links?q=cookies

Where each of this is really a separate Lucene index: erik's links index, otis' notes index,
and otis' links index.

I thought this was not doable with Solr
( http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrJetty is not really what I'm after, as it requires statically
pre-configured Solr homes, while I'd need something more dynamic, perhaps something derived
out of URLs (e.g. "erik/links" translates to one home, "otis/notes" translates to another
home, etc.)

Thanks,
Otis

----- Original Message ----
From: Otis Gospodnetic <otis_gospodnetic@yahoo.com>
To: solr-dev@lucene.apache.org
Sent: Thursday, February 15, 2007 2:21:18 AM
Subject: Re: finer granularity of configuration

Or are you after having multiple Solr instances just share the config file with some properties
overriden via system properties, so each instance can be the front end to a separate index?
 (damn, I wish somebody was working on 1 Solr for N indices! :))

What I'm working on is a system to bring up Solr + Flare instances
easily, sharing schemas but different data directories, and such.  I
can see cache settings being overridden.

    Erik