lucene-solr-dev mailing list archives

From Manuel Albela Miranda <alb...@3.14financial.com>
Subject Re: Searching with accents
Date Thu, 01 Feb 2007 15:35:24 GMT
Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> On Thu, 2007-02-01 at 12:37 +0100, Manuel Albela Miranda wrote:
>
>> Hello everybody,
>>
>> Do you know if there is a way to search with and without accents without
>>   duplicate a field?.
>>
>> I have a large index (60Gb) and don't want to have two fields with the
>> same content one with accents and the other one without them because
>> this field is the biggest in the index.
>>
>> Again, hope you can help me.
>>

> Try something like this in your schema.xml:
> <fieldtype name="stringSimilar" class="solr.TextField"
> positionIncrementGap="100">
>       <analyzer type="index">
>         <tokenizer class="solr.LowerCaseTokenizerFactory"/>
>         <filter class="solr.ISOLatin1AccentFilterFactory"/>
>       </analyzer>
>       <analyzer type="query">
>         <tokenizer class="solr.LowerCaseTokenizerFactory"/>
>         <filter class="solr.ISOLatin1AccentFilterFactory"/>
>       </analyzer>
>     </fieldtype>
>
> HTH
>
> salu2
>

>> Thank you very much.
>>
>> Regards.
>>
>> Manu

Hi Thorsten,

First of all, thank you for your message. I've working around the
schema.xml file with the lines you sent me. Now i can filter the query,
but the problem is that i have accents in my index so, when i search for
words with accents, solr only search for the word without them and i
need both of them. I don't know if there is a way to do this.

Regards.

Manu.