lucene-solr-dev mailing list archives

From "Mike Klaas" <>
Subject Re: Solr nightly build failure
Date Sat, 03 Feb 2007 02:13:06 GMT
On 2/2/07, Yonik Seeley <> wrote:

> > Does anyone know how to access the build logs?  I don't know from
> > apache infra (except people./minotaur.)
> It's on the lucene zone with restricted access.
> It might be possible to set something up to copy some stuff to
> minotaur on a failure though.
> I think this is the relevant portion:
>   <testcase classname="org.apache.solr.update.AutoCommitTest"
> name="testMaxDocs" time="16.867">
>     <failure message="expected:&lt;0&gt; but was:&lt;1&gt;"
> type="junit.framework.AssertionFailedError">junit.framework.AssertionFailedError:
> expected:&lt;0&gt;
>  but was:&lt;1&gt;
>         at org.apache.solr.update.AutoCommitTest.testMaxDocs(
> </failure>
>   </testcase>
>   <testcase classname="org.apache.solr.update.AutoCommitTest" name="testMaxTime"
>  time="9.633"></testcase>
> Let me know if you need the whole thing or any other files.

Well, the cause is pretty much as I expected.  The autocommit test
expects to be able to add fifteen small documents in less than a
seconds (ie. without triggering autocommit).  Not sure how to make
this robust against severe machine load save increasing the time

Does this happen due to many test suites running at a time?  Is there
any way to modify the scheduling?  It would be nice to not add too
much time to the test suite run--the longer it is, the less
religiously devs will run it.

View raw message