lucene-solr-dev mailing list archives

From "Bill Au" <bill.w...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: addConditionally / allowDups / overwriteBoth
Date Fri, 02 Feb 2007 14:47:34 GMT
They are needed to support the optional attributes of the <add> in the
update XML message:

http://wiki.apache.org/solr/UpdateXmlMessages

allowDups() does not check for uniqueness of the key field.

overwriteBoth() overwrite both pending and committed

I think addConditionally() only adds the document if it is not already
pending (ie it will move overwrite it if it is already pending.  I am not
100% on this.  So some one please correct me if I am wrong here.

Bill