lucene-solr-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Ryan McKinley (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] Updated: (SOLR-133) change XmlUpdateRequestHandler to use StAX instead of XPP
Date Sun, 11 Feb 2007 23:56:05 GMT

     [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-133?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:all-tabpanel
]

Ryan McKinley updated SOLR-133:
-------------------------------

    Attachment: SOLR-133-XmlUpdateRequestHandler-StAX-139.patch

Thorsten - this looks good.  I cleaned it up a bit and modified it to use SOLR-139.  The big
changes I made are:

* It uses two spaces (not tabs or 4 spaces)
* It overwrites the existing XmlUpdateRequestHandler rather then adding a parallel one.  (We
should either use StAX or XPP, but not both)
* It breaks out the xml parsing so that parsing a single document is an easily testable chunk:

  SolrDocument readDoc(XMLStreamReader parser)

* It adds a test to make sure it reads documents correctly
* Since it is *the* XmlUpdateRequestHandler all the other tests that insert documents use
it.



> change XmlUpdateRequestHandler to use StAX instead of XPP
> ---------------------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: SOLR-133
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-133
>             Project: Solr
>          Issue Type: Improvement
>            Reporter: Hoss Man
>         Attachments: SOLR-133-XmlUpdateRequestHandler-StAX-139.patch, SOLR-133.diff,
SOLR-133.diff
>
>
> there has been discussion of using StAX for XML parsing of updates instead of XPP ...
opening an issue to track it as a possible improvement  (orriginally mentioned in SOLR-61,
but that task was more specificly about refactoring the existing code)

-- 
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
-
You can reply to this email to add a comment to the issue online.


Mime
View raw message