lucene-solr-dev mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: finer granularity of configuration
Date Mon, 12 Feb 2007 02:59:15 GMT

On Feb 10, 2007, at 3:25 PM, Chris Hostetter wrote:
> : Sounds totally fair (assigned _to me_).  To be honest, I only just
> : glanced at the code for SOLR-79. It may be just what the doctor
> : ordered with some tweaks.  I sorta have some experience with the $
> : {..} syntax and would switch the syntax in the patch to be Ant-like
> : in this regard.  I'll come up with some unit tests along the way
> too.
>
> yeah ... it would be cool to have a robust version of SOLR-79 so that
> everything *could* be in the hands of the users if they want it --
> i just
> don't know enough about DOM manipulation to know if there's a clean
> way to
> completely decorate the tree with variable substitution.

I've implemented SOLR-79 and added my latest patch.  The DOM is
manipulated in place and ${...} are substituted with system property
lookups.

At this point it is robust enough, substituting an empty string in
for a non-existent property reference.  If deemed desirable we could
have some kind of default value handling, maybe ${prop.name:default
value}, though not needed initially for my use case.

Committable as-is?

	Erik