lucene-solr-dev mailing list archives

From "Ryan McKinley" <ryan...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Connecting custom RequestHandler
Date Sun, 04 Feb 2007 02:41:21 GMT
The 'new' request parser reads the content type header to see if it
should parse the body as params or not.  If the content type is
"application/x-www-form-urlencoded" it parses them as params, if it is
"multipart/*" it parses them as multipart.  if it is *anything* else,
it reads the body as a stream.

curl defaults the content type to "application/x-www-form-urlencoded"

so you will need to run curl with  -H "Content-Type: text/xml

I should add this to the wiki.

Can we change the post.sh to use  -H "Content-Type: text/xml"?  This
will not affect old updater and will work for new UpdateHandlers.

ryan