lucene-solr-dev mailing list archives

From "Ryan McKinley" <ryan...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: resin and UTF-8 in URLs
Date Thu, 01 Feb 2007 20:28:11 GMT
> it seems like every servlet container has some way of configuring the
> default, so we should just rely on that and not add our own default

I agree, except that in the world of first time (and even seasoned)
web-app/system developers/maintainers, we don't always set things up
properly! or even know how to set things up properly!

If we can do something small that makes the most normal cases work
even if the container is not configured, that seems good.

At the very lease, we should change the examples in:
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrResin etc

to use:

<web-app id="/solr" character-encoding="utf-8">
  <env-entry>

ryan