lucene-solr-dev mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <thors...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Connecting custom RequestHandler
Date Sat, 03 Feb 2007 19:58:31 GMT
On Sat, 2007-02-03 at 18:14 +0100, Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am working on SOLR-133 and I have wrapped up a first version of the
> XmlUpdateRequestHandlerStax.java. Now I am trying to connect it in the
> example but I have some problems.
>
> I am trying:
> <requestHandler name="/update/stax"
> class="solr.XmlUpdateRequestHandlerStax" />
>
> Trying to curl to URL=http://localhost:8983/solr/update/stax

Debugging this I used http://localhost:8983/solr/update/xml and I get
the same error.

So I figured that we still use the SolrUpdateServlet @Deprecated in the
post.sh.

For now I can test the StAX changing
XmlUpdateRequestHandlerStax legacyUpdateHandler;
and implementing a doLegacyUpdate method in the handler.

salu2

> I get:
> Posting file solr.xml to http://localhost:8983/solr/update/stax
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
> <response>
> name="QTime">67</int></lst>
> </response>

> <head>
> <title>Error 400 missing content stream stax</title>
> </head>
> <h2>HTTP ERROR: 400</h2><pre>missing content stream stax</pre>
>
> What did I forget that the content stream is not passed to the method?
>
> Any tip, hint or shoot in the dark welcome.
>

> salu2
Open Source Java & XML                consulting, training and solutions