lucene-solr-dev mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <thorsten.scherler....@juntadeandalucia.es>
Subject Re: Searching with accents
Date Thu, 01 Feb 2007 17:29:03 GMT
On Thu, 2007-02-01 at 12:20 -0500, Yonik Seeley wrote:
> On 2/1/07, Manuel Albela Miranda <albela@3.14financial.com> wrote:
> > Yes, i was considering that, but there is a problem. If i remove the
> > accents into the index, when i get the results of a search they will not
> > have those accents so results will no be good enough.
>
> Stored fields aren't altered, so you will still get the accents back.
> Just use the accent filter, re-index your collection, and then
> everything should be OK.

I agree with Yonik, out of experience. In my actual project I am working
for the Junta de Andalucia in Spain. So I have lots of accents. I index
with the schema I passed you and the content will be stored as is (no
alterations in writing).

So reindexing would keep your markup (if it is utf-8) and content as is.

salu2
--
Thorsten Scherler                       thorsten.at.apache.org
Open Source Java & XML      consulting, training and solutions