lucene-solr-dev mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <thorsten.scherler....@juntadeandalucia.es>
Subject Re: Searching with accents
Date Thu, 01 Feb 2007 11:46:36 GMT
On Thu, 2007-02-01 at 12:37 +0100, Manuel Albela Miranda wrote:
> Hello everybody,
>
> Do you know if there is a way to search with and without accents without
>   duplicate a field?.
>
> I have a large index (60Gb) and don't want to have two fields with the
> same content one with accents and the other one without them because
> this field is the biggest in the index.
>
> Again, hope you can help me.

Try something like this in your schema.xml:
<fieldtype name="stringSimilar" class="solr.TextField"
positionIncrementGap="100">
      <analyzer type="index">
        <tokenizer class="solr.LowerCaseTokenizerFactory"/>
        <filter class="solr.ISOLatin1AccentFilterFactory"/>
      </analyzer>
      <analyzer type="query">
        <tokenizer class="solr.LowerCaseTokenizerFactory"/>
        <filter class="solr.ISOLatin1AccentFilterFactory"/>
      </analyzer>
    </fieldtype>

HTH

salu2

--
Thorsten Scherler                       thorsten.at.apache.org
Open Source Java & XML      consulting, training and solutions