lucene-solr-dev mailing list archives

From "Yury A. Buharkin" <urry_...@aport2000.ru>
Subject solr.solr.home- what I have to do?
Date Tue, 16 Jan 2007 11:38:56 GMT
Hello! I'm a novice in Lucene technologies, and now only trying to install
Solr.
The main problem is appeared because I have to use Sun Java(bla-bla) web
server as
servlet contaner. So: Who can explain me what means phrase in solr's docs-

"....Solr now looks in ./solr/conf for config, ./solr/data for data
     configurable via solr.solr.home system property..."
??

Is "system property" is really <system-property ... /> tag in web.xml file?
Or I have to define sime environment var with name "solr.solr.home"?
Or something else?
Sincerelly yours
Buharkin Y.A.
Moscow