lucene-solr-dev mailing list archives

From "Yonik Seeley" <yo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: charset in POST from browser
Date Thu, 01 Feb 2007 06:42:39 GMT
On 2/1/07, Chris Hostetter <hossman_lucene@fucit.org> wrote:
> acctually ... all of the existing forms we have are GET -- so it's kind of
> a moot issue isn't it?

Other things might use POST for querying though.  Perhaps they can all
set a charset while doing so.

> Did you see my other comments from what seemed to be a resin FAQ about
> that mentioned "The character-encoding tag in the resin.conf."

I had tried url-character-encoding (which i shouldn't have to do
because it says it defaults to UTF-8):

   url-character-encoding
      Defines the character encoding to be used for decoding the URL.
Because the HTTP protocol does not specify the encoding to be used,
the server must specify the encoding beforehand.
   Default: utf-8