lucene-solr-dev mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject solrb releases
Date Wed, 24 Jan 2007 16:35:50 GMT
The solrb code is good enough to deserve an 0.0.1 release to have
folks try it out easier than checking it out from Subversion,
building a .gem (somewhat analogous to a Java JAR), and then
installing it.

What I'd like to do for now is simply run "rake package" locally, and
check in the .gem file (pkg/solrb-0.0.1.gem) and then users can use
"gem install" pointing directly to the .gem file URL.

It'd pain me to get into a lot of bureaucracy over it early on, but
it'd be good to iron out release kinks as we go.

Yonik/Hoss, others - what do you think should be done to make releases?

Interestingly, what is commonly done in Rubyland is for there to be a
skeleton rubyforge project set up to distribute gems with source code
living in a separate repository.  I'd rather us do it all here at ASF
to keep it in-house and tightly synced with Solr itself.

Thanks,
	Erik