lucene-solr-dev mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r501512 - in /lucene/solr/trunk: ./ src/java/org/apache/solr/core/ src/java/org/apache/solr/handler/ src/java/org/apache/solr/request/ src/java/org/apache/solr/search/ src/java/org/apache/solr/update/ src/java/org/apache/solr/util/
Date Thu, 01 Feb 2007 06:05:48 GMT

On Jan 31, 2007, at 11:08 PM, Yonik Seeley wrote:

> On 1/31/07, Erik Hatcher <erik@ehatchersolutions.com> wrote:
>> TODO: switch solrb to using wt=json instead of wt=ruby.
>
> Why is that?

To benefit from a richer data structure, avoid eval (which I hear is
likely to be slower than parsing JSON, and eval is potentially more
dangerous if code somehow got slipped in though that risk is not very
high).

The downside is that we'd need to add a dependency on a JSON parsing
library.  JSON is close enough to Ruby syntax that it can practically
be eval'd, interestingly, but I don't think it's close enough.

	Erik